Stuart News ran a nice article on us June 25 after hearing about the changes we had made due to COVID-19. See the pictures and read the full article on this TC Palm online link https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/2020/06/24/love-and-hope-action-stuart-helps-those-need-during-pandemic/3190330001/
SERVICE SCHEDULE -- REVISED 4/5/2021:
Monday thru Friday:
* 9-10 am breakfast
* 5-6 pm dinner
* 7-8 am showers for WORKING homeless
* 8-11:30 am showers for homeless only (2 in building at a time)
* 7 am - 12 noon laundry for homeless only (volunteer launders clothes)
* 4-5:30 pm showers for workers with paystub or that day's work ticket
* 9-10 am Monday and Friday clothing pantry for homeless only (2 in building at a time)
* 3:30-5:30 pm Wednesday clothing pantry for homeless only (2 in building at a time)
* client mail picked up during mealtime
* 9-10 am breakfast
* 11-11:45 am Gospel music and message
* 12-1 pm
* 8-10:45am showers for homeless only (2 in building at a time)
* additional take-out nonperishable bag lunch for weekend
* no laundry, mail or office access Saturday
To schedule an appointment with Client Services for intake process, call 772-781-7002 or send an email to email@example.com.
To sign up to volunteer, click on the Volunteer tab and download the Volunteer Application and Accident Waiver. You may send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to LAHIA 1760 SE Salerno Road, Stuart, FL 34997.
Call 2-1-1 for a comprehensive list of community services available during COVID.
Founded in 2007 and located in Stuart, Florida, Love and Hope in Action (LAHIA) is organized as an independent, nondenominational church under the laws of the state of Florida, exclusively for religious and charitable purposes, and has 501(c)(3) status from the United States Internal Revenue Service. Our mission is to reach the hungry, homeless and hurting through our ministry which helps meet basic human needs to all those who come through our doors.
Our goal is to help transition those out of homelessness and provide a path and opportunity for self sufficiency. We accomplish all of this while meeting their basic physical and spiritual needs.
To demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ in Martin County by providing an opportunity for a productive life to the homeless and indigent through helping them meet their spiritual and basic physical needs.
If you've wondered what you should do when approached by a homeless person on the sidewalk or at a red light, this article may help:
"What to Do When You're Approached by a Homeless Person"
The article was written by Helena Kyle and appeared in the Pineapple Post
in February 2018.
Did You Know LAHIA is an AmazonSmile
Click here to be taken to the LAHIA charity link on Amazon. This will take you to the SmileAmazon page where you can choose LAHIA as your charity of choice.
Forget to use Amazon Smile? Use this browser extension to be redirected to Amazon Smile every time you use Amazon. And for Andriod users, the Amazon Shopping App is now available. Click here to turn on Amazon Smile in the Shopping App. Thank you for your support!